All Gettysburg students interested in receiving consideration for need-based financial aid, including Gettysburg College grants or Federal Direct Loans, must complete a new financial aid application each year.
Due by April 1
- Submit the FAFSA. Gettysburg College code: 003268
NOTE: The CSS Profile is not required for continuing students. Additional information may be required for first-time financial aid applicants; contact the Office of Financial Aid for more details.
Information about the FAFSA for academic year 2024-2025
- Available by January 1, 2024 (FAFSA due April 1)
- Congress has mandated that 2022 Federal Tax Information (FTI) will be transmitted from the IRS directly to the FAFSA through the use of the FUTURE Act - Direct Data Exchange (FA-DDX)
- Applicants and contributors need to provide consent in order for FTI to be used on the FAFSA and receive federal student aid
- All contributors will need to have an FSA ID in order to provide information via the DDX and provide consent
- The financial aid office recommends applying for an FSA ID as early as possible in order to prepare for the 2024-25 FAFSA release by visiting https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/launch
What if I am selected for verification by the Department of Education?
The Office of Financial Aid will follow up with students who, after submitting the FAFSA, have been selected for Federal Financial Aid Verification by the Department of Education to collect additional information.
When will I be notified of my financial aid?
Financial aid notifications for returning students will be available in late July. Returning students will view their financial aid via Campus Experience. Paper copies will not be mailed home.
Financial aid typically remain consistent from year to year; however, an increase in income or assets may cause a decrease in need-based financial aid eligibility, including Gettysburg College Grant funds.
Fall billing statements, which reflect anticipated financial aid funds, will be distributed by the Student Accounts Office in late July and are due by August 14. Contact the Student Accounts office at 717-337-6220 for information about the monthly payment plan options.