Pursue a MA in American History. This 30-credit program is fully online and fully accredited. The program is open to K-12 educators, district supervisors, librarians, museum professionals, and National Park Service employees who are affiliated with the Gilder Lehrman Institute.
Learn more at www.gilderlehrman.org/Gettysburg.
Cost of Attendance
|Direct Costs||Estimated Indirect Costs (per term)|
|Tuition and Fees
750.00 per 3 credit course
|Books and Supplies ……….$250.00
Room and Board …………$1,500.00
Direct loan fees ……………$15.00
Total cost of attendance (based on one course) $3,405.00
Indirect costs are included in the Total Cost of Attendance. The College uses these amounts when determining a student’s eligibility for financial aid; however, these costs vary by student and are not billed by the college.
Applying for Federal Financial Aid
A FAFSA must be submitted annually in order to utilize the Direct Unsubsidized student loan and/or Grad PLUS loan. The FAFSA becomes available each year on October 1st. We recommend that students utilize the IRS Data Retrieval Tool in the FAFSA to directly import completed 2021 Federal Tax information. Gettysburg College code is 003268. First-time borrowers must complete Entrance Counseling and a Loan Agreement (MPN) at studentaid.gov.
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Student Loan Information: Please note, students are aided with the tuition cost that they are eligible to borrow each term and it is the student’s responsibility to confirm the amount to be borrowed through the Campus Experience portal or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grad PLUS Loan: Students should complete the Grad PLUS loan request form and return to the financial aid office at least 30 days before funds are needed
- Students can view their financial aid via Gettysburg’s Campus Experience
- Receiving an outside scholarship? Be sure to submit the Outside Scholarship Form
- Please read over Gettysburg College Financial aid policies including Satisfactory Academic Progress standards and Withdrawal and Leave of Absence refund policy
- Contact your financial aid counselor with any questions
Abraham Lincoln Scholarship Opportunity
Applications are open for the Spring 2023 Abraham Lincoln Scholarships awarded through Gilder Lehrman! Admitted students can complete the form linked below by January 18, 2023 to apply for one Abraham Lincoln scholarship to be applied to the Spring 2023 term of the Gettysburg College-Gilder Lehrman MA in American History program. 33 scholarships of $500 each will be awarded for courses taken during the Spring 2023 term. Recipients will be notified on January 30, 2023.
Note that tuition for the Spring 2023 term is due February 1, 2023 or shortly after receiving the tuition bill if registering after the tuition deadline. The $500 scholarship will be sent via mail through Gilder Lehrman as partial reimbursement for the tuition payment. Please email email@example.com if you have questions about the scholarship application.