At Gettysburg College, we value the diversity of experiences and breadth of knowledge that transfer students bring to our community.
Gettysburg College welcomes students who have previously attended another college or university to apply as a transfer applicant. Highly motivated and academically strong, our transfer students take advantage of the many high-impact learning opportunities that the College provides–including student-driven research, internships and externships, and study abroad programs. If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply.
Apply NowRequest more information
Application Deadlines for Transfer Students
The deadlines for submission of the application and supporting documents are:
- For the spring semester: November 1
- For the fall semester: April 15
Please note that applications can still be submitted after these deadlines.
Checklist for a Completed Application File
Before the admissions staff can read and consider your application file, it must be complete. To be considered complete, an application file must contain the following items:
- Completed Common Application
- $60 application fee
- SAT or ACT scores (View our test optional policy)
- Final high school transcript
- Official college transcript(s) from all colleges or universities attended, to be mailed or electronically submitted by the Registrar
- Mid-Term Report
- College Report from the Dean of Students, from all colleges attended
- College Instructor Evaluation (Optional)
- The Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) and CSS Profile are required for domestic students applying for financial aid
For International Transfer Students
International transfer students must also submit the following documents to complete their application:
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English language proficiency test scores
- International Student Financial Statement
- Financial Aid Application for International Students (if applying for financial aid)