On this page:
The Lincoln Scholars Program is a dynamic educational experience that connects students academically and socially to a community of scholars. Students have the opportunity to work alongside world-class faculty and be exposed to experiences that help them further develop their intellectual potential. At its core, the Lincoln Scholars Program is a mentorship program that promotes academic excellence, personal growth, and professional development. By pairing first-year Lincoln Scholars with an upper-class mentor, the program works to acclimate students to campus, encourage an exploration of the College’s vast resources and opportunities, and provide scholars with a community of high-achieving and caring individuals who will support and embolden each other’s endeavors.
The LSP serves the members of the Lincoln Scholar community and of the broader campus community. While pre-orientation focuses on introducing new students to the College and to the benefits and responsibilities of being a Lincoln Scholar, the true goal of the program is realized once these students immerse themselves in academic pursuits, extracurricular activities, and professional opportunities. By becoming involved members of campus, the Lincoln Scholars Program is not simply advising and mentoring students for its own benefit, but it is helping students establish and grow the necessary tools to benefit the College through their dedication to the campus community. It is the program’s hope that, through continued commitment to a mentor-based leadership model, the Lincoln Scholars Program will always help students become contributors to the daily successes of Gettysburg College.
Benefits of the Lincoln Scholars Program include but are not limited to:
- Be mentored and supported by a current Lincoln Scholar.
- Participate in monthly intellectual discussions with fellow Lincoln Scholars
- Able to register earlier for classes.
- Experience an early introduction to research with faculty, study abroad opportunities, advising for external scholarships and fellowships, and career and graduate school planning.
Exciting activities associated with the LSP include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-Orientation. Lincoln Scholars have a chance to move in early and get acclimated with the campus before official New Student Orientation. Scholars can connect with faculty and departments on campus to learn about opportunities, and meet other Lincoln Scholars to develop strong relationships and friendships.
- Opportunities each semester to engage with academic programming designed to advance your collegiate pursuits and interests.
Student Program Coordinator and Mentors (Fall 2022)
|First Name||Last Name||Role||Class Year|
|Ziv||Carmi||Student Program Coordinator||2023|