Remote and Hybrid Work Resources
Recognized as “a great place to work” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, ensuring the Gettysburg College employee work environment remains supportive, flexible, and equitable for all employees is an institutional priority. In order to meet the reality of 21st century work, the College is establishing and supporting this remote work policy. Hybrid/remote work allows specific employees to work from home or an off-site location, rather than commuting to the Gettysburg College campus.
All full-time employees and part-time paid employees that have email accounts have access to Microsoft Teams. To access Teams and other O365 apps go to Microsoft Office and sign in using your Gettysburg College Credentials
- Welcome to Microsoft Teams
- How to Use Microsoft Teams Effectively-Your Complete Guide
- Microsoft Teams Website
Mapping a Network Drive and VPN
VPN access is available for certain employees who need to connect to the Gettysburg College network from an off-campus location. To see if you are eligible, and for connection and drive mapping instructions, contact the IT Helpdesk.
How to run effective meetings
- What it Takes to Run a Great Hybrid Meeting
- Combining Virtual and in Person Meetings - Best Practices
Home office ergonomics
- Office ergonomics: Your how-to guide
- Mayo Clinic Minute: Ergonomic recommendations for working from home
- Sitting or Standing: Tips for Treating Your Body Well at Work