Provost Funds for Senior Projects
Type of projects supported
Research or artistic projects that are in fulfillment of the senior project, capstone, or honors thesis requirement.
Funding may be used for:
To pay subjects
Amount of award:
- A maximum of $600 is available to each student per academic year may include the summer before the student’s senior year.
- For students who are double-majoring funding cannot exceed $600 total.
Who may apply:
Rising and current seniors who have already begun working on their Senior Projects.
- The application deadline for projects carried out during the fall semester is October 15.
- The application deadline for projects carried out during the spring semester is March 15.
- Applications will be reviewed within five business days.
How to apply:
Complete and submit the Senior Project Funding Application.
Faculty mentors will receive an e-mail version of the student’s application and must:
- Review the budget for accuracy.
- Confirm that any necessary clearances have been obtained and that the project complies with IRB or ACUC policies.
- Confirm that a meeting with the student has taken place to discuss the specifics of the request.
- Indicate their approval by forwarding the e-mail to email@example.com having typed “I approve and confirm that the necessary requirements have been met.” in the message section of the e-mail. Funding will not be considered without faculty approval.
Instructions for reimbursements:
- Reimbursement requests must be submitted, with appropriate documentation, to the Provost’s Office within 30 days after the event and at least two weeks prior to the end of the fiscal year on May 31.
- To request and advance (eg. to pay research subjects), student researchers should work with their departmental administrative assistant.
- Recipients must submit a final report at this link (Link will be updated).