Welcome to Gettysburg College. As a new member of our faculty, your early days and weeks will be energizing and enervating. Preparing to teach new classes, meeting new colleagues, and familiarizing yourself with the College will be both rewarding and perplexing. In order to help facilitate your transition, we have created this online resource. Please read each document when you have time. If you have any questions, contact Kara Flythe, Administrative Assistant, email@example.com.
Please keep in mind that several programs have been planned by the Provost’s Office and the Johnson Center for Creative Teaching and Learning to introduce you to Gettysburg College.
- The one-day program for New Faculty Orientation will be held in-person on Thursday, August 25; all new full-time faculty are expected to attend this orientation session. We ask that as a new part-time faculty member, you plan to attend if possible. You will be able to meet key administrators across the college community, and we will be covering a range of topics that will help familiarize you with the campus community.
- The second program is a series of workshops during the academic year. These workshops will provide more in-depth information that will contribute to your success as a faculty member at Gettysburg College. The full schedule will be provided at New Faculty Orientation in August.
- The third program is the annual New Faculty Workshop sponsored by the Central Pennsylvania Consortium which will be held at Gettysburg College this year in late January or early February. More information will be forthcoming at a later date.
- Faculty homepage
- The Gettysburg Curriculum Information
- Honor Code
- Johnson Center for Creative Teaching and Learning
Before classes start