SPANISH-LATIN AMERICAN, CARIBBEAN, AND LATINO STUDIES COMBINED MAJOR
I. Spanish Core:
- Spanish 301 or Spanish 302
- Spanish 305 Textual Cultures: Methods and Theories
II. LACLS Core:
- One 100-level course from the following: LAS 140, LAS 145, LAS 147, FYS 133-2, FYS 163-3, FYS 195, FYS 199-2, FYS 199-3
- One 200-level course from any cross-listed course across disciplines with a Latin American, Caribbean or Latinxs focus.
- One 300-level course from any cross-listed course across disciplines with a Latin American, Caribbean or Latinxs focus.
III. Spanish Electives:
- 3 or 4 electives: 1 or 2 courses advanced (320+) courses with a Latin America
Caribbean or Latino focus, it can include but not limited to the following SPAN
322, 341(Rolon), 351, 354, 355, 360, 370, 376, 378, 379 including up to 2 courses from
broad program in Latin American, the Caribbean or Latinxs communities
IV. LACLS Electives:
- 2 or 3 electives: May include any of the LAS Core courses listed above and/or
LAS/Econ 214, LAS 222/WGS 221, LAS 223/AFS 236, LAS/WGS/ANTH 231,
LAS/ANTH 232, 236, LAS/MUS/AFS 251, LAS/Hist 264, LAS/Eng 265,
LAS/SOC 267, LAS/SOC 276, LAS 304, LAS 337, LAS/HIST 364, LAS 460
including up to 2 courses from an abroad program or other courses approved by the department.
V. LACLS /Spanish Capstone:
- LAS 460 or SPAN 400 (when approved by the department chair)
VI. One semester college-affiliated study abroad program. During the semester of study abroad, a maximum of two courses can be applied to the LACLS component of the major and a maximum of two courses can be used to fulfill electives for the Span portion of the major (as indicated in sections III and IV).