Theater Arts Major
Ten courses are required for the THA major.
- THA 105: Introduction to Theater
Theater History and Dramatic Literature Core Courses
- THA 203 or THA 204: History of the Theater
- THA 214: Survey or Dramatic Literature
- THA 331: World Drama
- One course focused on the works of Shakespeare. Choose from ENG 210 (topic: Shakespeare), ENG 211, 317, 318, or 319
Studio Core Courses. Choose one from each of the following groups.
- Design: THA 115, 116, 215, or 255
- Acting or Dance: THA 120, 163, 220 or 263
- Directing or Playwriting: THA 212, 262, 282, or 382
- One additional course from those listed above or one course from the following: CLA 266, ENG 214, 312, SPAN 355, THA 320, 382, or FYS 119-3
- THA 400: Capstone Experience
A 400-level Individualized Study may substitute for THA 400. With departmental approval, student may incorporate the Capstone project within a pre-existing course in which case the student may choose an additional Theater Arts course or FYS theater-related course.