The Mathematics Major consists of the following courses.
Mathematics Core Courses
- Math 111 (or 105-106)
- Math 112
- Math 211
- Math 212
- Math 215
Computer Programing Course
- One course from CS 107, 111, or DS 256.
- Course not included in major average.
Four 300-level Courses
- At least one course from Math 315, 321, or 331
- Three additional mathematics courses at the 300-level
- One additional mathematics elective course at the 200-level or above
- In addition to the courses listed above, a 300-level math course from the list of departmentally designated “math capstone courses”.
- Capstone course is to be taken senior year (unless special permission is granted by the department).
- Incoming students who initially place themselves into, and successfully complete, Math 112 have satisfied the Math 111 requirement for the math major.
- Incoming students who initially place themselves into, and successfully complete, Math 211, 212, or 225 have satisfied the Math 111 and Math 112 requirements for the math major.
- Students considering graduate study in mathematics are advised to take both Mathematics 321 and 331.