Physics Major, BS
A minimum of fourteen courses are required for the Physics major, Bachelor of Science.
Introductory Physics Courses
- Take either the combination of PHY 111, 112, and 211 or PHY 109 and 110
Physics Core Courses
- PHY 255
- PHY 310
- One advanced lab course from the following: PHY 240, 324, 350, 352, 358, or approved course
- PHY 420a or PHY 420b (or PHY 460 with approval of department)
Physics 300-level Courses
- 3 courses from PHY 312, 319, 330, or 341
- 2 physics courses at the 200-level or higher, which may include CHEM 306
- If PHY 109 and 110 were taken for the introductory requirement, then one additional physics 200-level elective course is required.
- Math through Math 211
- Math 225