Public History Minor
Effective with the Class of 2026
Six courses are required for the minor.
- HIST 201 Intro to Public History
Material Culture Course
- One course from ANTH 212, 275, ANTH/AS 252, ARTH 201, 202, CWES/ IDS 285, and ENG 297
- One course from ARTH 214, ARTH/IDS 284, ARTS 160, CIMS 220, EDUC 201, ENG 309 Topic: Writing with Sound, ES 230, MGT 155, or 361
Public History Approved Elective
- One form AFS/CWES 240, AFS/HIST 262, ANTH/AS 229, ARTH 225, 245, 267, CIMS/GER 235, CWES 225, CWES (Topic: Civil War Photography), CWES/IDS 320, EDUC 309, ENG 200 (Topic: Writing Across Media), ENG 370 (Topic: Space and Place), FYS 105-3, 122-1, 184-4, HIST 247, SOC/MGT 242
- One additional course from any of the categories listed above.
Public History Internship
- IDS 470 internship for credit
- This course has a prerequisite
- No more than two courses may be transferred in from off-campus study.
- Students who would like to substitute other related courses (taken either on of off-campus) for the approved courses or make a case for an alternative path to meeting a minor requirement may formally petition the advisory committee.