Welcome, new parents and families!
This information will help to get your Gettysburg College experience off to a great start. You can also find additional resources on our Parents and Families page. Be sure to check back on this website for updates.
Opening Day: Move In and Orientation
Students will move into their Residence Halls on Wednesday, August 21, 2024, with Orientation programming beginning that afternoon. We welcome parents and family members to join us on campus for the day!
- You can view the Opening Day schedule on the Schedule page of the Orientation website. The schedule will be published in early August 2024.
- You will have the morning to spend with your student to get them settled into their residence hall.
- Programming will begin after lunch – students will meet up with their Orientation group, and parents and family members will attend separate programming.
- You will be reunited with your student following Convocation for the “Farewell to Families”. Following the Farewell, we kindly ask that you leave campus.
Parents and family members traditionally do not stay in town past Wednesday evening, as students will have Orientation programming to attend through the weekend, with classes starting Monday, August 26th.
If your student is part of an early arrival group (fall student-athletes, marching band, pre-orientation program, etc.), you are welcome to return to campus for Opening Day, but it is not required. We would encourage you to make arrangements with your student, as they likely have gotten into their new routines.
If your student is a commuter student, you are invited to join us for Opening Day as well! Please see the Schedule page for additional information.
Opportunities to connect
- Have Gettysburg News delivered via email
- Become a fan of Gettysburg College on Facebook
- Follow Gettysburg College on Twitter and Instagram
- Join the Gettysburg College Professional Network on LinkedIn and follow Gettysburg College